Physical Therapist – Outpatient Rehab – Vestibular – Celebration
Florida Hospital Celebration seeks to hire a Physical Therapist who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Established in 1997 and now a 203-bed hospital, Florida Hospital Celebration Health was designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration, Florida. The hospital consistently delivers a state-of-the-art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a “living laboratory” of groundbreaking, research-driven clinical solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease.
Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation has thirteen unique outpatient locations throughout Central Florida. Our specialty services include medical fitness and massage, orthopedic and sports injuries, wound care, brain injury, dysphasia, joint pain, pediatric conditions and injuries, pelvic health rehabilitation, amputation, hearing services, facial paralysis, neurological rehabilitation, vestibular/balance, lymphedema, concussion, and stroke.
40 hours per week, M-F
Provides direct and indirect services to specific age groups in the outpatient rehabilitation settings. Utilizes process improvement in achieving the goals of the Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Department. Accepts the responsibility to practice autonomously and collaboratively in all practice environments to provide best practice to the patient/client. Autonomous practice is characterized by independent, self-determined, professional judgment and action. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and accrediting bodies. May supervise Physical Therapist Assistants, technical aides, volunteers, and interns. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy plus five or more years of work experience in physical therapy, OR
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy
- Entry level professional competency of Physical Therapy practices, theory, principles and applications as defined in competencies departmental policy.
- Basic computer skills to include Outlook, Microsoft Office and Windows (preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Licensed in the State of Florida as a Physical Therapist, or Temporary State of Florida permit as Physical Therapist
- CPR Certificate
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Engages in promoting evidence based standards of care and lifelong learning through autonomous and collaborative participation in research, journal club/reviews, teaching/mentoring/CI, and/or clinical practice education within a peer group.
- Performs evaluations and re-evaluations according to standards and recommended techniques. Establishes, implements and adapts an individualized treatment plan of care (including appropriate goal setting, treatment activities and frequency). Discharges patients when maximum benefit has been achieved and/or according to standards of practice and payer guidelines.
- Documents accurately, completely, timely, and legibly. Uses measurable and objective terminology according to standards of practice, follows insurance and department/hospital guidelines.)
- Charges patient accurately, completely, timely, and legibly according to guidelines of the CPT code format, price file, follows insurance and department/hospital guidelines.
- Identifies the need for patient/caregiver education and utilizes each opportunity for teaching on a planned or spontaneous basis. Documents education and understanding, as appropriate.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Follows clinical practice guidelines (APTA) by impairment when appropriate.
- Meets at least 90% of the productivity standard.
- Actively supports scheduling so that each patient meets the plan of care as agreed upon by the patient and referring physician by adjusting and adapting their own schedule and/or working within the team in order to meet the patients’ needs. Willingly adjusts to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/programs as needed/approved and observed by manager or director.
- Practices principles of employee and patient safety when performing daily job activities via observation.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Physical Therapist opportunity with Celebration and apply online today.
Physical Therapist, PT, Rehab, Sports Medicine, Celebration