Vestibular Pediatric Occupational Therapist-Full Time Days-Dell Children's Medical Center-Austin, TX
What You Will Do
Evaluate and treat patients with physical, emotional, cognitive and/or psychosocial deficits.
- Assess patient 's ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills. Design the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implement the treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Document findings of patient progress. Monitor and modify the plan of care as needed. Seek consultation as necessary.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Plan and/or assist with patient discharge from therapy services and provide information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Oversee the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy credentialed from the obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Highly preferred Vestibular Certified Occupational Therapist
- Preferred experience with Pediatrics
Why Join Our Team
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.